Sunday, November 27, 2005

A Thanksgiving toast from my three year old

The night before Thanksgiving, as Dylan was getting ready for bed I tried explaining Thanksgiving to her. I told her it was a day to celebrate all that we are thankful for. She surprised me by saying she was thankful for me, her Dad, and Hayden. Then she went on a ten minute spree of "I'm sankful for... trees, rocks, horses, dogs, cats, go-gurt." You name it, she said it. She was so cute. As she climbed into bed I asked her if she would like to say the toast for Thanksgiving dinner and she said she did, then she went to sleep.

At dinner, she was seated with her napkin in her lap ten minutes before the food was on the table. She was starved and couldn't wait to toast. Her toast was perfect. She help up her wine glass filled with sparkling cider and said, "I am sankful for the moonlight that shines in my room and onto the floor. CHEERS!" I felt like weeping. What a wonderful thing to be thankful for.

3 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger SuburbanMom said...

Oh my gosh. That is so amazing and so sweet. That is so great you blogged about it so hopefully you'll never forget :)

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is pretty much just the most precious thing i've ever heard. and so poetic! maybe dylan will grow up to be the next emily dickenson or something like that. happy december, and i can't wait to see all of you bliss's during my christmas break!

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How absolutely precious. Did your folks make it up there for Thanksgiving? Kathy, I could really use your help if you can think of any "tid bits" of memories for Karen's retirement album. The title page is a large "If not for you...." with a bullet list of details and big picture memories. Since you go so far back with us, does anything come to mind???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home