Saturday, October 15, 2005

I'd rather be shopping at Nordstrom?

Mike and I went to the mall today, the first time in about 2 years. Seriously. The mall is not close so going there is more work than it's worth. I tend to shop online because nothing beats having goodies show up on your door step! So we were shopping for Mike. Seriously. (Isn't this funny, first we go to the mall and then it's not for me. Sucks.) While shopping I was reminded of a really good lesson: Everything is better at Nordstrom. (Or insert Saks or Bloomingdales) It's true.

We went for something casual yet a little dressier than the usual Old Navy fare. Tommy Bahama fit the bill. Nordstrom had everything hung by color. Lovely. The salesperson was a nice guy and had been in retail for 40 years. Knew his stuff, helped Mike find a great shirt and pants. Within a few minutes a tailor showed up to shorten the pants and then we were done. EASY!

Then we went to Macy's and they had an entire section of Tommy Bahama as well. Not by color and everything was STUFFED to the brim in a section that felt dirty. No one asked us if we needed help. AND the prices were exactly the same. Why even bother?

I probably sound like a snob, but the truth is why shop in a store (Macys) that feels gross and crammed when you can shop in a store (Nordstrom) that feels clean, the salespeople are kind and informed, and the prices are the same???

2 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger CarrieB said...

No kidding!
I love Nordy's. Too bad I can't afford it. I cringed at buying J a suit at Mervyns last night for family portraits. Yikes. I only shop at Target and Old Navy these days. Oh yeah, and online. I love shopping online.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger SuburbanMom said...

LOVE Nordstrom. It is one of my absolute favorite stores. I just love walking in...it puts me in such a good mood (I'm such a consumer :)
Even if I'm not buying anything...I always have to walk through and enjoy the ambiance :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home