Thursday, August 18, 2005

I'm jealous of an 18 year old...

Mike’s youngest sister, Kelsey, is about to embark on one of life’s greatest journeys: College. And yes, I feel the little green jealousy monster rearing her ugly head. I’m not really jealous in a bad way, just envious of all the excitement she has in store over the next four (or is it five?) years. She has so much to look forward to, so many exciting things, so many wonderful surprises… I know I have cool stuff to look forward too… I mean my life isn’t all boring; I know Hayden will blowout a diaper today, but who knows when, see, there is some excitement, especially if it happens in the car on the way someplace, and I didn’t remember to pack an extra outfit… Anywho, I’m green-eyed of all these things Kelsey has to look forward to:

  • Leaving home for the first time and realizing you will actually miss your parents.
  • Realizing how much your parents are going to miss you and how lucky you are that they will.
  • Meeting and getting to know your room mate.
  • Getting to know a new town. (She’s going to UC Santa Barbara! Imagine the fun…)
  • Missing the town you couldn’t wait to get away from.
  • No curfew.
  • Meeting many new people, especially hot guys… (now I’m REALLY feeling green)
  • The laughter that goes with meeting new people.
  • Falling in love.
  • First kisses.
  • Realizing your old boyfriend wasn’t really “all that.”
  • Seeing the sun rise after an all-nighter. (Drinking or studying.)
  • Being able to stay up all night for three days in a row.
  • Road trips!
  • No responsibilities other than getting to class on-time.
  • Learning something new everyday you go to class.
  • Opportunities to try new things without fear of failure.
  • Being exposed to new things you’d never have tried if you hadn’t met new people. (I never had an artichoke or broccoli before I met Mike…)
  • Needing money and it magically appears.
  • Going mud sliding because you can.
  • Having no place to be, but having a thousand places you could go.
  • Parties for no reason. (No RSVP’ing, no hors d’ouvres, no yucky wine, no mean-spirited gossiping.)
  • Celebrating birthdays, break-ups, hook-ups and getting to class on time.
  • Girl’s night!

1 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All those reasons you're jealous just made me more excited! but yes, I know I'm very lucky, and as my wise big brother always tells me, I will "enjoy it to the fullest"!
-Kelsey (the 18 year old)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home