Thursday, August 04, 2005

A good day


Today has been a good day... For the first time in two months I was able to jump on the trampoline with Dylan! OK we didn’t really jump, we actually rode racehorses. I was the jockey for Seabiscuit and Dylan was the jockey for Crazy Cornut. We raced in circles for almost an hour. Luckily today’s weather is beautiful so we didn’t get too hot.

Every race started with Dylan directing me… “Stand here, their in the gate and their off!!! Run Mommy, run!” Admittedly, I would not be able to keep up with her if we were not on the trampoline because she is really fast, even with a stick horse between her little legs. The trampoline gives me the edge because I can take longer strides! I like to win, but Dylan just likes to race.

A couple of weeks ago she was racing Seabiscuit and repeated a few lines from the movie… “You son-of-a-bitch, you cut me off, how does that feel…?” Over and over again, up and down the hall she raced and yelled at the other imaginary jockey. Luckily my Mom intervened and suggested she say you son-of-a-gun instead. Mike and I were too far in laughter to actually do anything about it. And here I thought the movie (her favorite) was safe for a child! Haha, joke was on us. She picked up one of only two or three swear words in the whole movie!

The picture I have included today is Dylan riding on her saddle with Seabiscuit, one of her stick horses, stuck under it. She says she wants to be a jockey when she grows up and I believe she just might do it!

1 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger CarrieB said...

"you son-of-a-bitch, you cut me off, how does that feel?"...CRACKS me up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home