Sunday, July 17, 2005

My TWO kids


When Mike and I first had Dylan, I thought the adjustment from having no kids to having one wasn't that hard. I expected the adjustment from having one to two to be a little harder but not too bad. I really am a smart person and would like to blame that last statement on sleep deprivation or pregnancy brain or whatever. Because now that I have two I must admit the adjustment to having two is much harder than the adjustment to having one.


I have to qualify this all by stating that the things I thought would be hard are very easy, but I had no idea the time commitment would triple rather than double... or at least that's how it feels. With just one I had tons of down time thanks to naps. Now that just doesn't ring true. If Dylan takes a nap, Hayden is usually awake. Luckily Mike and I make a decent team. One of us can typically pick up where the other leaves off. I have a new found respect for single mothers who have more than one child. One set of hands just isn't enough.

From experience, I know how fast this time with Hayden as an infant is going to go, so I remind myself each morning to enjoy the ride. This gentle reminder makes each day easier and helps me to forget the downtime I used to crave.

1 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could have sworn I posted a comment to this post the other day (so much for my recovering mommy brain). Your girls are precious! You do know that Dylan is the spitting image of you....those expressions!

If anyone would have really detailed how much work, lack of privacy, personal time, money, etc is REALLY involved in having kids I don't think I would have tried it. Too late now! Oh well, we love it and just roll with it the best we can.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home