Saturday, August 13, 2005

My newest addiction


This past January, Mike and I had our satellite turned off because we felt that TV had taken over our lives. We ate dinner on TV trays nearly every night and rarely ever had an actual conversation... so bye-bye TV... well, when Hayden came along I felt slightly insane every time I sat to nurse her. She was nursing often I felt like I just sat on the couch for hours on end. I would look at the clock and only three minutes would have passed. I didn’t have this problem with Dylan because I had TV then. I’d plop myself down, turn on the TV, find some crazy decorating show, or Real World re-run, and then Dylan would be done before I knew it.

When I told Mike how crazy I was feeling he suggested I look out the window and watch the birds… Instead I signed up for Netflix.

Low and behold I’ve found “The OC.” Now for all of you who have not watched this show (OK I may be the only person who has never watched this show before…) the main character is from my hometown of Chino.

So I thought the first episode was funny… that was on Wednesday, I’ve now plowed through the first four discs, that’s 16 episodes, I’m addicted. Last night I dreamt about the characters like they were friends.

Mike is sitting in the living room right now reading and I’m going crazy because I know he’ll sneer at me if I ask him if he minds if I turn on the TV. I don’t even want to talk on the phone or play on the computer I’m itching to start the next disc. I want to know what my friends’ from Newport are doing, I miss them.

2 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weren't you agast when our hometown was slandered to the nation in that first episode? And where in the heck did they find the yards with chain link fences and mattresses thrown around?

Enjoy season one. It's all downhill from there.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger KatBliss said...

I know, Where did they find the really big buildings and super busy streets. At first I thought it was filmed in Fontana... but then I saw the buildings and thought it was actually L.A.!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home