Monday, November 20, 2006

Puke/poopfest 2006 (AKA why I love my steam cleaner!)

Welcome to my world of puke and shit. My home is filled with it. (Oh ya, my car is, too.) Both kids have been sick since Wednesday of last week. I feel housebound for fear of one of them shitting on me in public. As we all know this fear is normal with an infant, but I have an 18 month old and a four year old. Being shit or puked on now feels disgusting.

Case in point #1: Wednesday, Hayden said she pooped so I carried her to her room to change her, then I felt something liquid hot on my side and on my foot. Yuck! The liquid poop had escaped the diaper and ended up on me and the carpet. I literally had to hose her off in the shower. Then I had to steam clean the carpet in her room. At this point I didn't realize I had a few more days of poop and puke to look forward to.

Case in point #2: Thursday, while shopping at Costco, Hayden puked all over the floor, cart and herself. Luckily I was buying meat at that exact moment and had a meat bag in my hands because I was able to use it to catch most of it. Some VERY nice guy in the meat department came running out with wet and dry paper towels. I thought Hayden had choked on a piece of cheese and that had caused her to throw up, so I continued shopping.

Case in point #3: Like I said I thought her puking was a one-off. So we headed to Safeway after Costco. Here she puked all over the cart, me, herself and the floor in the produce department. I wasn't as lucky to have a bag in my hand this time and trying to catch it with my hands didn't work as well as I thought it would. I finally came to the conclusion that Hayden was sick...

Case in point #4: Being the selfish mother that I sometimes am, I wanted to go watch my husband play in a championship softball game Thursday night. I wrapped Hayden up, packed, two bins of wipes, plastic bags and two extra outfits and we drove to the game. Dylan rode with Mike and Hayden fell asleep in the car. I parked next to the field and watched the game from there. Dylan came to sit in the car with me. She said she was thirsty and then PUKED all over the front seat, passenger door, seat belt, etc. in my car. I had to leave the game and drive while Dylan puked in the backseat all the way home. (Luckily I bad plastic bags.)

Case in point #5: Once I arrived home, I couldn't keep up. Hayden would puke, then I'd clean her up, steam clean the carpet, and then I'd hear Dylan puking. Then I'd clean her up, steam clean the carpet, start ANOTHER load of laundry and then Hayden would puke again. Fun, really. When Mike arrived home (after the pizza party celebrating their win) I said as nicely as possible, "Pick one."

All night we each had to deal with puking kids. And now the shitting has begun. All day Sat, Sun and today has been filled with liquid shit. I've done more laundry in the past few days than I would normally do in a month.

Hell has arrived to the Bliss home. I just hope I make it out alive... and without my own case of puking.

4 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger Mom101 said...

I'm just glad I'm past the first trimester nausea phase. Your headline alone...

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Kathy....that sounds awful! You poor thing. Uhhh. I hate that. I hope your girls are much better and that you have managed to stay healthy. When the kids are better, open all of the windows and Lysol the hell out of your home. Get that funk out!

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger SuburbanMom said...

Oh yeah. Poop totally sucks. I feel for ya. :)

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Mygreenearth said...

yuck

But such are the joys of Motherhood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home