Thursday, September 07, 2006

What I did for my Labor Day Weekend

While everyone else was BBQing, picnicking, and camping this past weekend, I was shopping. Christmas shopping! Like last year, I’m trying to spend less. It’s become a game for me. I use coupons and wait for clearance sales.

A few years ago, I would never have shopped this way. I was all about spending too much money on “the” perfect gift. But there is no such thing. You can’t buy that. Now I buy things I plan for. I’m so much happier and doing this early makes my life easier during the holidays.



Want to read something that will make you really happy for someone else? Read this entry by my friend Carrie.

3 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger SuburbanMom said...

woo hoo! you go. Way to get it out of the way, huh?

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know a great holiday gift for parents, grandparents or siblings would be a TiVo. Those who have kids will LOVE KidZone (http://www.tivo.com/1.2.17.asp) - they can record great stuff for their kids and lock them out of all the junk. Take a look here(http://www.tivo.com/1.2.17.asp) -- there have been discounts on Amazon.com .http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=br_ss_hs/104-6248125-7272725?platform=gurupa&url=index%3Dblended&keywords=tivo

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger CarrieB said...

Is cynthia samuels a spammer? If so, she is very targeted! If not, I apologize, it just reads like a broadcast.


You are too much! Christmas shopping???? You are my hero. OK Kathy, I'm going to at least make my list today. Need to get on it.

And thanks for the shout out. I still cannot believe it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home