Sunday, September 23, 2007

Spoiled, but not yet rotten.

My parents came to visit us last weekend. Right before my parents arrive, I am always bombarded with the same questions: Are they coming today? How many more minutes until they get here? What kind of surprises are they going to bring? Dylan and Hayden love my parents… and they love the surprises they bring with them when they visit. Most surprises consist of little trinkets, stickers or some sort of candy. But my parents really out did themselves this past weekend.

They had two ponies delivered.

If you could have seen Dylan’s face you would have certainly peed in your pants (First you must understand that we live on a dirt road in BFE. Next you must understand that where my parents live the ice cream man comes down the street everyday which translates to the girls having ice cream everyday when we visit them. Dylan dreams of having the ice cream man come to our house) because the ponies are delivered in a van that looks exactly like an ice cream truck! She starts screaming, “The ice cream man, the ice cream man!” But Hayden starts screaming, “Saucy! Saucy!” This means horsy in two-year-old.

Imagine Dylan’s utter amazement when instead of ice cream, two ponies got out of the van. The entire scene was so funny and so white trash!


Lucky for Mike and me, the ponies were only on loan for the morning.
Dylan and Hayden are so fortunate. They have three sets of grandparents who bestow all sorts of gifts upon them. My hope for my girls is that they always appreciate what they are given and remain grateful to the people who treat them so well. I don’t mind if my girls are spoiled, they just need to remain sweet!

4 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger tommie said...

what a memorable day!!

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger Pageant Mom said...

My daughter would never get to ride 'cause she would've passed out from shock!!!

Totally Adorable!!!

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Aren't you the one who loves horses and wanted them for your kids...or have I got you mixed up?

What a perfect surprise!

We had some of those across the street from our house in Texas except they were fat...really fat...and nasty to each other. We called them the Fat Pony Things, as in, "Hey hon, we're going to feed carrots to the Fat Pony Things." It didn't seem to offend them in the least.

I'm with Pagent Mom...except I'm pretty sure there would have been holding of the crotch and dancing around as well...Hope you guys had fun with the rental ponies!!!

 
At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The scene was so funny and so white trash".

I just spewed coffee all over my computer screen. Thanks.

Seriously, what a cool day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home