Thursday, August 30, 2007

And you may ask yourself-well...how did I get here?

And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
And you may find yourself in another part of the world
And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful Wife
And you may ask yourself-well...how did I get here?
- Once in a Lifetime by the Talking Heads

Last Thursday evening Mike and I went to our first “Back to School” night at Dylan’s school. As we drove down our driveway I looked over at my husband and felt as though I had just awakened from a dream. I was looking at a man who owns his own business and a home, has two beautiful girls and has been married for nearly eight years. Who in the hell was he? And where was I?


I remembered Mike as a 20 year old surfer-rocker with an Axl Rose hair-do. I was transported back to our early years as college sweethearts, when we drank too much and slept too little. And now we are in charge of two little girls. We are supposed to be responsible parents and we were on our way to the school to prove it. I felt so weird, like I’d slept through the last five years of my life.

When did we become the adults?

3 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, Blogger tommie said...

how funny! Scary isn't it that little beings are totally dependant on us.

I kind of think that is what it will be like when the hubby gets home in four more months.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Mygreenearth said...

It is totally weird how life changes us. If you had told me at age 25 what I would be doing at 35 I would have sworn that you smoked crack. And better yet had you told me when I was 21 where I would be 14 years later... Well we shall leave it at that. That is why one event in our lives doesn't make us who we are it just defines a small part of us.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Kim :) said...

How fun that looks!! Loved the pictures. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home